There are certain habits that will lead us into temptation, so to speak. If you like speed you will probably have a fast car and lots of speeding tickets and so on. The same concept holds true for habits that will lead you into debt. Here are five of those habits.
- You put your entire income into your checking account. This shows that you have no savings goals and can lead to overspending.
- You spend your money on non-essentials. A nice vacation and proper clothing are among the essential things that make for a quality life. Having the latest tech gadget or a home phone that you never use are not.
- You do not have clear cut goals for your money or your future.
- You pay your debts incorrectly. If you just make minimum payments or do not have a debt reduction plan, you are facing looming financial disaster.
- You have a devil may care attitude toward spending and debt. We all make mistakes or fall off the austerity wagon from time to time. Deciding to make more mistakes because you are off the wagon, is a sure way to find yourself in over your head.
If you have any of these habits, you have the power to fix them. Seeing the mistakes is a good first step. Focus your efforts and you can get to a good place financially, and hopefully avoid the risk of high debt and the need for credit card consolidation in Tennessee.